Read me about Art Deco mosaics…
The Art-deco style is present on numerous buildings and private villas on the whole French Riviera: from Monaco, via Nice, St Jean Cap Ferrat and the cap d’Antibes. Both in Interior design or in architectural ornamentation, the Art deco, and sometimes, Art Nouveau, illustrates doorsteps, shopfronts, signs, entrance halls etc. Should you wish:
- to highlight the style of an Art deco period villa or residence, on the French Riviera, with the add-on of an art-deco mosaic,
- remplace an existing damaged mosaic,
Contact-me for a free quotation !
- Special report on the French Riviera’s Art-Deco style on my Facebook page, here opposite -
(classes in French, English or Italian)
From mid-February 2013 will begin mosaic and porcelain painting classes in the magnificent Villa Kerylos, in Beaulieu sur Mer. Classes:
- for children (porcelain painting based on the greek patterns and terra cotta mosaic inspired by the mosaics in the Villa Kerylos),
- for adults : workshops to learn how to create custom-made home decorations: tiles, mirrors, decorative objects… etc in marble mosaic.
For more details on the classes, contact me and visit my Facebook page for regular updates, here opposite.
How about Arts and Crafts made in France ?
Should Arts and Crafts be defined as a ‘slowlife’? It might be that all the Art, in a society predominantly led by a virtual reality, consists in regaining the time to manufacture with one’s hands, to transform raw materials and to design unique items or small series in which Art comes first. It might be to claim for quality in reaction to a hyper competitive international mass production…
To summarise: some unique and long lasting items, made in France, hand-made, in limited edition and rather high-end… so many reasons to treat oneself with the purchase of an item you fell in love with or to support the craft professions!
To learn more about the profession of mosaic artist, visit my Facebook page, here opposite.