Luxury mosaic for private or public places
Some examples of prestigious artworks that have been entrusted to me:
• Mosaic artworks for YACHTS: contemporary bathroom, other bathroom, mural artistic decor,
• Mosaic artwork for the ROYAL MOUGINS GOLF Club: brand sign,
• Mosaic creation for an EXCLUSIVE BATHROOM: glass mosaic artworks.
What characterizes a luxury mosaic?
A gold mosaic created for a brand sign (see examples here), fine details and noble materials that evoke a luxurious atmosphere?
A luxury mosaic can be defined as a mosaic artwork cared for an made with a precise and qualitative know-how, a choice of quality materials, a quality of artistic expression and which reflects a high-end realisation.
A High-end mosaic artwork created at the studio Stuc & Mosaic suits the most demanding clients because a special attention is given to every detail, such as:
• availability and customised privileged customer service (in French, English or Italian),
• ‘savoir-faire’, exclusiveness and confidentiality,
• collaborative work with the client’s Architects or Interior Designers,
• flexibility for travel or delivery within France or Abroad,
• uncluttered or refined artworks, according to the demand of a classical or modern style,
• wide range of materials (marble, smalts, murano glass mosaic, semi-precious stones…etc).
For large mosaic artworks projects I call on a team of professional mosaic artists who have the same artistic and traditional method expertise or other complementary professionals. Mosaics are entirely hand-crafted in the studio in France (or in-situ according to the project). Mosaic are created according to the traditional method learned in Ravenna (Italy) combined to an artistic education. They are neither imported, nor created in poor conditions in developing countries nor made by children, as it is sadly often the case for imported mosaics…
Mosaics artworks are conceived for and with each client. Mosaic artist’s traditional professional tools are being used to allow a precise cut of the tesserae but the glues employed meet nowadays norms’ requirements to allow the durability of artworks and their adaptation to modern Construction.
The materials choice depends on their purpose: Indoors or Outdoors, and of the role they play for the future owner.
Of course, a mosaic artwork distinguishes itself from an industrial mosaic because of its exclusive unique character, artist’s style and emotion it conveys whereas an industrial mosaic is cut with machines and remains impersonal.
An artistic mosaic is also very distinct from a low cost mosaic made by unqualified and underpaid workers. These mosaics have, very often, a tesserae composition which is not harmonious nor regular, whereas poor quality glues are being used and make the mosaic a product which do no last…
Do not hesitate to ask for your projects’quotation !